Summer is finally here, and after a long, cold winter, you are quite understandably ready to put on your sandals, a cute summer outfit, and sport an even cuter new summer hairdo. As the weather turns warmer, it’s also time to make adjustments to your beauty regimen. As you re-tool your beauty arsenal, it’s important to remember these 10 summer makeup do’s and don’ts:
1. DO use a good, UVA/UVB protective sunscreen every day to protect your skin.
2. DON’T use the same moisturizer in the summer as you do in the winter; you should use a lighter-weight moisturizer in the summer to avoid clogging your pores.
3. DO use a good face primer with moisturizers to keep your makeup in place; be sure to apply before your foundation.
4. DON’T forget to change the shade of your summer foundation. Your skin tone will change when it’s warmer, so adjust the shade.
5. DON’T overuse your bronzer. Best advice: start at the outer edge of your forehead, dust your cheeks and end with your jaw line. To create a finished, smooth look, add just a little to your neck.
6. DO wear a good, moisturizing lip balm, even if you’re wearing lip color over it. Your lips need to be protected, just like your skin.
7. DO add a coating sealant when using eyelash extensions, especially if you love water sports. Using a sealant protects your extensions for easy removal when it’s time. (Use every other day.)
8. DON’T use waterproof mascara if you have eyelash extensions because the mascara is much harder to remove, and can damage your natural lashes.
9. DO wear bright colors, such as tangerine, blue, and red. Go ahead, experiment and find what works best for you! Wearing bright colors adds a fun, refreshing look.
10. DON’T be afraid to go without makeup; but if you do, be sure to use that sunscreen!
If you need new eyelash extensions or you would like to treat yourself to the best facial around, call the Luxury Lash Lounge at (770) 883-9500 to schedule an appointment and to get more information about our other great services. Remember, whether you’re at work, at play, or having some fun in the sun, be sure to follow these do’s and don’ts to put your best face forward this summer.